Dear software engineer,
End of August, a unique conference will take place in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This conference is organized by the European Smalltalk User Group (ESUG).
This year celebrates the 16th edition of the ESUG conference, which features more than 40 presentations on, among others, the following subjects:
Programming Language Platforms:
- Newspeak (New open source dynamic language focusing on modularity,
security and interoperability)
- Cog (New highly optimized open source Squeak VM)
- Maglev (Highly scalable Ruby VM)
- OpenCroquet (Deeply collaborative, multi-user online Smalltalk
- Seaside (The continuation & component-based web framework)
- AidaWeb (Smalltalk Web Application Server)
Model Driven Engineering:
- The Meta Environment Language Workbench
- ObjectStudio ModelingTool
- Fame; Meta-modeling Framework
- MBA Smalltalk; to manage your objects
Additionally, the winners of the ABN Amro sponsored Innovation Awards
will be presented.
Are you interested in the latest developments in dynamic languages and
Web development, be sure to register as soon as possible at http://www.esug.org.
Time: Augustus 25-29, 2008
Venue: Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica (CWI), Kruislaan 413,
Amsterdam, Turing Zaal.
Hope to see you at ESUG'08!